2013 Citizen Science Research Paper Submissions!
You are invited to share your passion for addressing the world’s toughest challenges through sound science.
The Citizen Science science and technology paper competition for young researchers announces its 2013 annual youth science paper competition on original research related to sustainable development. Citizen Science is SustainUS's academic paper competition for young scientists age 13 to 26 who are based in the U.S.
Competition winners will get the opportunity to:
- Be published: Winning submissions will be published in Consilience: The Journal of Sustainable Development, a global journal for sustainable development produced by Columbia University.
- Present at United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development: The authors of the winning papers will be invited to present their research at the 21st United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD-21) in New York, New York in May 2012.
- Participate in SustainUS's Agents of Change delegation to the UN Commission on Sustainable Development: Winners will be provided with an opportunity to be part of the SustainUS delegation to CSD-21 in New York.
Who and what Is eligible?
- Topic: Papers should be written on natural or social science topics related to sustainable development.
- Age: 13-26 years old as of date of submission deadline
- Level of study:
- Track I - Working toward high school or GED degree
Track II - Working toward or has obtained four year degree
Track III - Working toward or has obtained advanced degree(You do not need to be a currently enrolled student to submit your work)
- Deadline: Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis until March 1, 2013. Details forthcoming on submission process.
This is an opportunity to communicate the importance of youth involvement to international leaders and begin a relationship with the premier youth-run network for sustainable development, SustainUS!
Learn more at: http://www.sustainus.org/citizen-science.
This competition is a program of SustainUS, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization of young people advancing sustainable development and youth empowerment in the United States.